Search This Blog

Friday, May 4, 2012

Caught up in Salvadoran life

So, I realize I have been very delinquent in posting over the last month or so.  I want to apologize for that, and express my new goal to post more often but less content.  I guess I tend to post books, which may not be read by many people.  So to give a quick background, on what I've been up to for the last month or so, after the Lutheran medical delegation, I started getting sucked into networking.  Through various contacts, I had the opportunity to get connected with Circulo Solidario (http://www.circulosolidario.com/index.php) and Glasswing (http://glasswing.org/), two NGO's that have health related social programs.  I also managed to set up meetings between the Ministry of Health, the Anglican church, Cristosal, and the school system in El Pital to start talking strategy of working together to improve the living situation and strive towards community development in El Pital.  I also re-started spanish classes in the morning at the UCA (my grammar still needs work).  In regards to my work in El Pital, I've been working with two very motivated women on a Yoga Initiative (post about the initiative soon to come) and have started the planning process of implementing two health education programs in the school, one on sexual and reproductive health and the other on prevention of alcohol intake by adolescents.  I also continue to spend one to two days in the ECOS-F clinic, helping out with well child checks, family planning, pap smears, pharmacy, medical records, you name it.  So that's my quick update; keep your eye out for a post about the new picture albums that I have added to picasa (which you can access by clicking the picture link); which include various social justice activities in San Salvador and my travels around El Salvador with my sister during Semana Santa and my recent trip to Nicaragua.

No comments:

Post a Comment